What's up with women shaving off all of their eyebrows and penciling it on ?

makeuphow do you do yours ? i pluck mine, they are not super thin but i have a slight arch. too much of an arch looks too severe imo... when i used to get them done at the salon, they never got it right for some reason it was too arched or uneven.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't understand this either, most look so fake! After my son was born, one of his aunts looked like her eyebrows were drawn on her face. Trust me when I say that it didn't look natural. Anyway, everytime she picked him up, he cried!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I dont understand it either. God gives them beautiful eyebrows and they want to shave them off, pencil them in and have them look so fake. I have also seen women shave them off and then have a permanent eyebrow tatoo put on. The only reason I can see is maybe they didnt shave them but they have alpecia or have lost all their hair due to chemo.
    maggiebgood

Answer by maggiebgood at 8:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I've never understood women who shave off all their eyebrows. I get mine waxed, they are thin and arched but not too thin.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 8:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I've always wondered how women think that looks good! I just tweeze the underside some and in between, keeping them full and arched.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Lol, I agree totally. When I see it, my 1st thought is, did you lose a bet? ( probably because my DD did ) She came home one night and both eyebrows were missing the center half. It was so funny and took quite awhile to grow out. I do the same and tweeze stray pieces as well as define a slight arch.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I don't either it looks stupid, especially when they wash all their make-up off and there is no eyebrows. Scary!!!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 4:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My mom's eyebrows are very thin and one doesn't grow in on the end at all, so she is forced to have to pencil them in just a bit but I couldn't understand SHAVING them off....I agree, a bit scary..
    mrs.graham2010

Answer by mrs.graham2010 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2011