• In the Spotlight:

What was the one thing about pregnancy or parenting that you wish someone would have told you?

I wish someone would have explained to me that labor can last 38 hours before something happens.

k.alexander

Asked by k.alexander at 1:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• that there is no "perfect" way to parent and its ok to make mistakes. ppl seem to talk down to first time moms like you have to do things their way because "they've done it before". A mom knows what her baby needs and wants.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That I will never ever have a 12 hora sleep again. lol
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That 18 years is a very long time, to have someone totally dependent on you.

Answer by louise2 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That I could go from never wanting to put my child down...to not wanting them in my face at all..*laughs* I have a 17 yr old what can I say?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That just because you raised them. They will become this" I hat you" type adult.

Answer by louise2 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Answered at 1:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 by: Jamie8788

That I will never ever have a 12 hora sleep again. lol

omg I totally agree. lol and nobody told me that I would get tons of stretch marks that won't go away =(
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That I would never be allowed to have privacy in the bathroom again. Ahhhh, to pee in private, my new dream....
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• There are so many things:
    Pregnancy:
    You can and some will throw up ALL DAY EVERY DAY until you throw up blood and they have to knock you out so you can't vomit.
    Your back will hurt in a way you never DREAMED was possible.
    3 Epidurals may not even work and then may leave you with HORRIBLE sciatica.
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 1:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• AFTER PREGNANCY:You won't sleep the same ever again. If they're tiny or sick or they refuse to go to bed or when they're older and they're out late or simply out, you just won't sleep.
    You will get so tired and beg for relief and a "break" but just when you get that break you will miss every moment they were desperate for you to hold them and it won't come back again, except on rare occassions.
    Your child can and some will break a light bulb with their scream. (YES, she did- at 4 months old.)
    Every injury or illness will upset if not petrify you, sometimes to the point of sickness, especially when there's a measles outbreak and she hasn't had the vax and babies are dying from it down the street and she breaks out with a red rash and 104.9 fever.... (It was a UTI; then she was vaxed)
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 1:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I wish someone would have told me about the water breaking experience and how it was 24hrs later before our son arrived.
    persistence5

Answer by persistence5 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008