Sea Nettle Healing Process

Last weekend my son got stung by a sea nettle while swimming in the Chesapeake bay and initially the skin on his stomach was raised and red, but after a short period of time the redness and swelling went away. Tonight I was changing him into his pajamas I noticed that some red spots have reappeared on his stomach in the area of the stings. Is this normal for the healing process or have you heard of allergic reactions taking a week to appear. He isn't complaining of pain, itching, or difficulty breathing so I know it isn't a major allergic reaction. Called the doctors nurse line and she said to call the doctor in the morning. Just trying to see if this is normal.

amandajoy21

Asked by amandajoy21 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• My oldest was stung last year. The initial lines where she got stung started to heal and then she got a bad case of bumps that itched so bad she was miserable. It's called Seabather's Eruption, can start 1-4 weeks after the sting and can last up to two weeks. It goes away. According to our doctor it's a very common thing. Here's a link you can copy and paste. Good luck!!

http://firstaid.webmd.com/tc/marine-stings-and-scrapes-topic-overview
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 9:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2011