6 Month Old Not Sleeping! HELP

Okay ladies, I am very overwhelmed. My youngest daughter will not sleep through the night. She does have an ear infection still and is teething so is that the only reason she isnt sleeping? If so what can I do to help her and me get some sleep. Any advice will help. Thanks everyone!

QTMamma01

Asked by QTMamma01 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes I think that is the reason because my 4 month old was sleeping through the night until he started teething, then he woke up every few hours crying. Did you go to the doctor for the ear infection? And to help her feel less pain with teething, you can try teething tablets or orajel, they're both easy to find! GL!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• As far as the ear infection, make sure she has the proper medication. With the teething you can give her infants tylenol to ease the pain, call your doc and they will tell you the right dosage for her. Or you can try teething tablets, they are a homeopathic form of pain relief. As far as orajel, stay away, it toughens the gums and causes it to take longer for the teeth to break through. Also, a nurse friend of mine said that when babies teeth they not only feel pain, but a itching sensation too. They put a tiny bit of childrens dye free benadryl on their finger and rub it across the gums! Hope this helps!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• The items above should help your daughter to sleep through the night!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008