Why do dogs like sticking there heads out of a car window?? really ...

what do u think its all about? i know my dog seems to love it..lol...

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pets

• I don't know lol when I do I can't breathe haha
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• lol BOOboo. see thats what im saying. we cant breath and might get a bug in the face lol but dogs seem to really love it..
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• They just Love the Air Blowing in their Faces! LOL:) i have a fan that has a Breeze Button & my Chi/Yorkie lays right in front of it all the time!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Aside from the sheer thrill, it must be cooling for them seeing as they regulate their body temp via their tongues and breath? Good question. I imagine they can breath fine flying into the wind as unlike namby pamby us they don't give a monkies for flies (my old dogs loved eating flies!) and hang their heads out with their mouths wide open. We'd be tight lipped, eyes tight shut and flapping our hands in front of ourselves. TeeHee. I love seeing dogs with their headds out car windows :0>
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 6:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't know either because most dogs HATE it if YOU blow air in their face. lol It's really not a good idea to let a dog hang its head out the window of a moving vehicle. They could get a bug or rock/dirt in their eye or have one fly down their throat and choke them. Or a rock could fly up and hit them in the head and cause serious damage. Not to mention, they could fall/jump out the window.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• googled it.. found this :)
    Top 5 Reasons Why A Dog Sticks His Head Out The Car Window
    Now that I got my safety speech out of the way we can get to our list of Top 5 Reasons Why A Dog Sticks His Head Out The Car Window. Lets do it David Letterman style and begin with a countdown. Drum roll please……….

NUMBER 5 – It helps them to cool off faster inside a hot car.

NUMBER 4 - So they can pretend like they’re running at an incredible rate (see the movie Dumb and Dumber).

NUMBER 3 – To make sure you’re driving safely on the road.

NUMBER 2 – This is a sure sign that you stink! Your dog is obviously trying to avoid your stench.

NUMBER 1 – They love to sniff the air…

MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• And you can buy doggles on Amazon!!!
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• For some reason, my dog is terrified of the open windows. He jumps in the back seat the second the window starts to go down!
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Seems to be one of their great pleasures in life ~

tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011