When ur having contractions do u feel the baby move?

I'm 30 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What does contractions feel like?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If you're having contractions, you can feel your uterus tighten and release. It may even be difficult to breathe. If they are painful and you feel pressure in your lower back or pelvis then it could be possible labor, but false contractions are very common during the last trimester and usually painless.
    And I never felt my first DS move when I was having contractions..false or real.
    peekaboo90

Answer by peekaboo90 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Contractions are very similar to period cramps except with more pressure and some women experience back pain. You can feel your stomach tighten when you experience contractions. When I was in labor I did not feel my son move, I think he is in position and you will be more concentrated on breathing and coping with contractions. I got an epidural about 2 .5 hours in and I would advice it. Although a ton of moms on here are really against it and some of them can be really rude and mean about it. If you are having trouble breathing and your contractions are really close you might want it. When you go in just say you are not sure if you want one or not but to order one. If you do not order one and tell them you do not want one they will not give it to you. Someone gave me the same advice and I am so glad they did.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I had braxten hicks with my second child. All of the muscles around my stomach and back would tighten for a few seconds and then slowly release. A few times I would have baby movement with this usually afterward. Actually, I was still feeling movement between actual contractions in the hospital. The real difference I felt between braxten hicks and actual labor contractions was the pain and the frequency. When they're close enough you can time them (5 to 7 minutes apart) and they continue for longer than an hour you should probably call your doctor.
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 9:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011