Clomid and Endometriosis???

Ok so I'm 20 years old and I have very irregular cycles never know when she'll show up.Some cycles will be 26 days some are 42 days just all over the place.I never get fertile cervical mucous.I have heavy bleeding I have had 7 diagnosed cysts in the past 4 years. I get horrible cramps some cycles not all and they are so painful where I can't even stand up. My last obgyn suspected I had endometriosis and wanted to do surgery but at that time I wasn't able to get it. Well now I have a different obgyn and he said I can try something called Clomid but it's up to me.My husband and I have been TTC for a year with one chemical pregnancy.Anyways I've been reading if you do have endometriosis that you shouldn't take Clomid cause it enlarges cysts.I'm lost into what to do and how I can get pregnant?

bellaambru90

Asked by bellaambru90 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have endometriosis as well. I didnt find out untill i switched obgyn and he told me all my symptoms sounded like it. Dh and I tried to concieve for 5 years and nothing. Dr suggested surgery and I was willing to try anything to get a baby! I had the laparoscopy done in and out of the hospital in 2 hours. I had some pain.....nothing close to my period cramps. That only lasted for about 3 days. I had surgery Dec 3rd 2009 and concieved my baby girl on Jan 12 2010. Gave birth to my daughter on Oct 14th. I was not expecting to get pregnant this fast it was shocking. I would recommend the surgery to any one with endometriosis. I now have normal periods. The cramps are so different. I can barely feel them compared to my cramps before! I hope this helps you. I wouldnt take anything unless you are completely comfortable taking it dont let a dr make that decision for you! good luck!
    meggiepooh4u

Answer by meggiepooh4u at 9:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2011