Is this normal? adult content

I know this is a bit TMI, but I want to know if anyone else has experienced this. When I was pregnant with my first DS I did not experience this; I experienced quite the opposite actually.
So, I'm pregnant with my second DS and since about 18 weeks along sex has stopped feeling good..and bad. It literally feels like nothing. I know there's something there and all, but all sensation is gone from down there. With my first DS sensation was heightened. I mentioned to my OB when it first started and she said it was probably because I was just tired and not in the mood, but it doesn't matter if I'm aroused or not...there is no sensation: good or bad.
Is it normal to be desensitized during pregnancy? Anyone else experience this? I plan to mention it again to my OB on Wednesday when I go in. I'm 31 weeks right now, and mine and my DH's relationship is stressed right now because we haven't had sex in forever.. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i'm 31 weeks also but haven't had this problem :( wish i could help
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i completly understand! i have had a really tough time this pregnancy bc sex just doesnt feel the same anymore:( i feel deeper emotions toward my husband but never ever ever have i ever wanted to see making love to be a chore but unfortuantly at this time that is what it feels like:'( ive tried everything you can imagine to try and make something feel right but its just not happening...i wish yall the best and just hold on for a few more weeks and then you and yours can go at it like bunnies again....
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wow, when I was pregnant, every time (six times), I became like a woman possessed and just insatiable sexually. So no, sorry, never had that experience.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yes I feel absolutely nothing. I feel horny as well but then when the time comes, I feel absolutely nothing at all and then my SO figures out that I am not enjoying it and it spoils the whole mood.
    bianca2422

Answer by bianca2422 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I had that briefly...they told me the same thing about being tired and whatnot, but I REALLY think it was the baby putting pressure on some nerves or something because it went away after a few weeks.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not during but afterwards I was numb for awhile
    Ktbugsmom22

Answer by Ktbugsmom22 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I hope everything goes back to normal after this baby is born. I plan to talk to the doctor about it again, so maybe she can offer some advice.. I'm carrying pretty low, so maybe he is just positioned on top of a nerve that is messing everything up??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011