Updating my name list

Yes I have a list of baby names and I update it every now and again. But I'm finding myself short of ideas because DH decided to veto a lot of it.

We have Matthew already and our next boy name is Peter. So what do you think goes with both of those?

Our girl names have been whittled down to just Katherine,it's the only girl name we can agree on. But any ideas of names that are similar in style for inspiration?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 9:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Baby Names

• are you pregnant or just making a list. how about this wait to baby is born and see what she looks like
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We've been ttc for almost a year so we've had time to talk. That technic is how my brother winded up being named after the OB/GYN I'm not really fond of it.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• That technic is how my brother winded up being named after the OB/GYN I'm not really fond of it.

LOL!!

And I love the name Katherine. You can change it up and spell it with a C. You seem to like classic names. How about Faith, Elyse, Katie, or Elizabeth?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I like them, they are traditional..
    what about something with some personal meaning behind it, perhaps honoring someone who you loved that has passed. . you don't have to be direct about it, but you can off shoot it.. For instance when my papa passed away about a month or two later I found out I was pregnant with my second.. my first was named after his wife.. but I wanted to honor him.. however I ended up pregnant with a girl, and his name was morse.. so I looked up a name that was a feminine version.. Morissa. I also wanted to keep marie in the name,because its a family middle name for us girls on my moms side. BUT i used it in my first dd's name.. however if you take Marie and Morissa you'll end up with Marissa.. Still traditional version, yet personal to me :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Honestly, I love Katherine. I think it goes great with Matthew and Peter! :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• How about Rebecca (or Rebekah)?
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I knew someone who was going to name their baby Abigail Katherine and call her Abbi-Kate.......I thought it was adorable.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Katherine is going to be a very poular name here in England, I can just see it. Simply b/c of William's new wife.
    nataliekateof2

Answer by nataliekateof2 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• How about Victoria (Tori for short).
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Faye, Alanna, Olivia, Marie....
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011