Has your child ever had a tooth pulled? Why?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yeah, my 7 yr old ds had his front two pulled because he wrecked his bike and literally bit a concrete retaining wall. he was a trooper they pulled it with just some novacaine. I would of passed out lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My 4 yr old DS was supposed to have a tooth pulled b/c it had decayed, he has an enamel problem. But instead they decided to put a silver crown on it. They don't want to pull teeth in kids that young unless they have too, it apparently messes up the alignment of the teeth.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 9:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my kids are too little..but when i was 13 i had 8 removed. they were baby teeth that didnt want to come out :).. now that im older my damn teeth keep breaking!! i dont get it
    Anonymous

• My DD is too young, but I had 4 permanent teeth pulled as a teen to make room. I have a small mouth and big teeth. I also had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 18.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My kids haven't but I had 5 pulled when I was eight. One was because there was no permanent tooth to go in its spot so they wanted to get it out to give my permanent teeth all the room. The other four were in the back and basically were rotten. And it wasn't because my mom didn't make me brush my teeth. She always made us brush, floss and took us to the dentist at least every 6 months. My brothers always had perfect teeth and I ALWAYS had cavities and still do.
    Anonymous

• Oldest DD had one pulled - it cracked when she ate something, and when they x-rayed they felt it was better to pull it - it was fine with me, and we found out after they pulled it that the adult tooth was already coming in - so it wasn't going to be much longer before it came out anyway :). Same DD has to have her top eye teeth pulled now this summer because her adult teeth have pushed them waaaaaay out.
    Anonymous

Did you have braces? I and bad orthodontist as a child and he cared more about appearance than function do all my molars aren't sloughed properly and put too much pressure on each other. They have all broken, I've had 4 root canals so far and many crowns.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My youngest had to have 4 pulled right before he turned7. He had 2 teeth coming in, the baby teeth weren't loose at all and there wouldn't have been room. (they were the first teeth he lost too) The orthodonist says he's about 1 1/2 yrs behind on his teeth age.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011