Is this normal? adult content

I am 36 weeks pregnant and although I am not blaming this situation uniquely on my SO because there were times when I wasn't in the mood at all, maybe even quite a few times. However, we've had sex a total of 5 times since I am pregnant. He barely ever tries to start anything sexual and if he does, it's like once every 2 months or so. He has an obesity problem so he knows I don't really enjoy all that much in the first place because I could barely feel anything. I try and enjoy it but I feel absolutely NOTHING at all. However, I still find it odd that he doesn't touch me in any other way and doesn't seem to want me sexually at all. Sometimes, he tells me comments like "what an nice ass you have" or "look at those big titties" but he barely ever initiates anything. And since I am the kind of gal who likes guys with a high sex drive that initiate things and make me feel sexy, I don't initiate much either with him. I honestly don't see how this relationship could last in the long run if things continue like this. On top of that, he's on a diet which cost 60$ a week but he does the strict minimum with his diet (he doesn't take it 100% seriously) and he doesn't exercise at all...He has every excuse in the world not to...And last but not least, he says he hates his job and he is often in a very bad mood, angry and snappy at me and our son. I tried speaking to him in many different ways several times but nothing changes. Is it me or is this an abnormal relationship? Most of the time I don't feel happy..I don't know what to do and baby number 2 is on the way shortly...help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• this needs to be put in relationship.
    Anonymous

• Have you considered that maybe he doesnt try to have sex with you because he knows that you do not enjoy it. Also if your unhappy then you shouldnt be with him. It is not abnormal for some one to hate their job and be snappy or angry most of the time. As for the diet thing.....are you supporting him and encouraging him? Its hard for someone to lose weight when they are not happy with themselves, their job and know that their other half is not happy with them either. Maybe he's depressed. Try talking to him again but dont make it about his issues. Just simply ask him whats wrong? If he's happy? If there is anything you can do to try and help?
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Im going to say that he most likely knows that your unhappy and he probably is too...And its like you said you want a guy to go after you to make you feel good. Well he probably doesnt feel good about himself. Depression and obesity are hard to battle on their own but when fighting both its war. Why are YOU unhappy in the relationship is it just sex? He needs your support just as much as you need him so help him out. Say you think taking a short walk would be good for you to get the baby to drop(you dont have thats much longer) just and would like for him to come keep you company. Its for him but he thinks its for you hes a man he needs an ego boost duh! Whatever the diet is are you eating it with him or having loaded bake tatoes in front of him try cooking what hes having and see if he does better on his meal plan. Helping him now is going to help you out when you need him in a few weeks!

horseap

Answer by horseap at 10:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Idk....communicate to try and work it out
    Ktbugsmom22

Answer by Ktbugsmom22 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i think that the job issue, the bad attitude and low sex drive could all be attributed to his weight, being heavy puts alot of stress on you whether conciously or unconciously and that could certainly cause him to be in a poor mood -- alot of people that "hate" there job may not necessarily hate it thy just have a poor attitude about it or whatever else in life and it snowballs from there a negative attitude can and will affect ALL parts of your life whether or not you realize it
    MommylovsdawsoN

Answer by MommylovsdawsoN at 12:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• to mommylovsdawson thanks and it all makes sense...I just wish I knew how to change it..Trust me I tried being patient...I tried speaking to him...helping him but he has to want to help himself. And to the girl who said I should do his diet..well I am 5 foot 9 and weigh 130 pounds (not pregnant) now 160 at 36 weeks so I certainly won`t start doing a high protein diet..I need some carbs and I eat quite well. I also cook appropriate meals and when there are carbs it is my son and I that eat them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011