How do I transition my 5 month old from sleeping in a nap nanny to sleeping on his back?

I am going crazy! My 5 month old sleeps GREAT in his nap nanny (it is a foam covered seat that has a buckle, similiar tilt like a carseat) anyhow, he is going to daycare in a month and I want to transition him to sleeping in his crib without it. Today he has hardly had a nap at all. He sleeps for 20 min. then he wakes up. I am debating about just using the nap nanny tonight because I need sleep. Any thoughts on how to transition him to using it? Should I just let him cry it out? heartbreaking! IDK!

debbiec.

Asked by debbiec. at 9:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try this. One night with it, the next without. Keep doing this until he becomes used to it. Then switch it, one night with it, two without. As he gets used to it, slowly add the number of days he goes without. That's how we got our DD off of her nap nanny. On the nights he's without, if he's crying, maybe try resting him on a pillow? If you're married, switch off who goes to comfort him.
    nataliekateof2

Answer by nataliekateof2 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• thanks :) that is a great idea. I let him sleep with it tonight, because he has had virtually no nap all day and I'm pooped myself.
    debbiec.

Comment by debbiec. (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011