I want to go back to school

i want to go back to school to get a better job. everytime i try to look at online schools i cant really decide what i want to do. can you give me some ideas. i would like something online but i do realize that it may not always be possible. i work full time and have children at home so i thought online would be easiest.

dramaMama407

Asked by dramaMama407 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• nursing
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Good Luck!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I feel like a professional student. Online universities have not panned out to be the easiest option with the 2 I have tried. They required what felt like a lot of 'busy' work. If you need that to be successful (or will procrastinate too much or need the structure), then online may be easiest for your situation. I didn't like logging in specifically to answer discussion board questions that were not engaging with minimum word counts, etc. However, taking online courses at a local community college & 4 year institution was much more my style. They may require 4 tests & a research paper over the course of a semester. Or maybe a few essays, quizzes, etc, but the same amount of work that would be required if you attended the class on compass (nothing excessive). It was frustrating to have to log in 3 times throughout a week specifically to respond to less than engaging discussion boards for the sake of logging in.
    Mommy_and_Bear

Answer by Mommy_and_Bear at 10:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• if you want to go toschool mainly only I urge you to go to a local community college or university and do online classes via the instituon
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• thanx for the input. i will consider doing actual classes. its just hard to find time in my schedule and since im older (35) i think it would be awkward to go to class again. ive been away from it for so long. i just really need to find something i really want to do. i get on the websites and they dont tell you how much it will cost andat time the classes are so that im more prepared
    dramaMama407

Comment by dramaMama407 (original poster) at 8:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Go to a local community college and get MicroSoft office certifications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint; also take a bookkeeping class or two

Answer by rkoloms at 5:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2011