My DD is tanned!

My DD is 4 and really tanned! We are AA and normally she is very fair skinned and now she is bronze! Its a cute sunkissed look but I love her natural color. I love the color but want to know if she will return to her normal tone. We use to live in FL and she was never this tanned and now we are up north and its bad. I am not sure if her skin tone will return. I use banana boat spf 30 and she still gets tanned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try a sun block of SPF 50 or higher.. The higher the SPF the less likely she'll tan more, and apply every 15 minutes to prevent further tanning!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 9:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• do u use sun block or sunscreen? FDA has new rules for the sunscreen products
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My daughter who is now 3 1/2 always gets super tan in the summers every summer even through sunblock. I keep joking that pretty soon people wont believe she is my child bc she is so much more tan then I am! Her hair also gets more blond through the summer too. She is just that way =) Everyone comments on her tan & hair all summer long but I'm glad she tans instead of burns!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My daughter is tanned like her Daddy. I burn if I just look at the sun but it always makes her a little bit darker. We always take precautions with her so she isn't very dark- just not pale like Mommy!
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm sure it will go back, but any tanning is showing damage to your skin, so I would try to up the spf in the block you use.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My daughter is the same way. She is pale during the winter and spring. During the summer she gets very tan and then in the fall it fades. Her hair also gets lighter in the summer. We use an SPF 50 because she is a lot of Irish and I am scared she will burn, like her dad and I do. But she doesn't
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm sure once the winter months kick in she will have her natural color back due to not being out in the sun as much.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wet Skin Kids Sunblock Spray SPF 70+ from neutrogena works great! It actually does work! I know kids look so cute when they are tan, but u all are setting them up to having possible skin cancer later on in their life, or their skin pre-mature aging.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011