did you ever get a "regift"?

did you ever get something that some one didnt want and they wrapped it up for you and you got it and you knew it was a "regift"?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• As a general rule, if I buy a gift for someone, I either make sure it is a particular thing they've asked for or FOR SURE will use, OR I only give something that I wouldn't mind getting back because over the years I have gotten back several things re-gifted from the person I gave them to. I try not to take it personally. Sometimes you simply don't know a person well enough to choose a gift they will actually like and use. Thank God for gift cards now.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes. Years ago I was re-gifted and the gift was falling apart which made it very awkward. If I re-gift I at least make sure it's brand new...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I've never received anything that I knew was regifted and I don't think I've ever regifted. But my best friend once got a sweater from her step-grandmother and it happened to be the same sweater grams was wearing in the picture of her hanging in their livingroom. LOL
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes, I like to give a special Christmas ornament to close family and friends. Roger is my husband's best friend, well his wife re-gifted a christmas ornament we gave them two years before. How do I know this. For one it was dated for two years previous than the Christmas they were giving it to us for and also I keep a log of what ornaments I give so I don't give a similar one to the same people the next year. Needless to say I stopped giving them an ornament.
    redlah61

Answer by redlah61 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Iwas at an italian shower and the bride opens a card and it was a 25th anniversary gift. She started laughing and just you had to be there. It was just too hysterical for words.........
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i have but it was always something that id use that the person giving wouldnt & they always let me know it was a regift.I have also given away gift cards to some one else if they are for stores i dont shop at but they do.Id never give something that is used & falling apart or anything though.
    cheekymonster

Answer by cheekymonster at 6:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008