How do you know the difference between the babys first movements in your belly and gas bubbles ??

mommy2b_2011

Asked by mommy2b_2011 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had gastric bypass a couple years ago and became very familiar with my digestive tract. Most gas activity happens for me on the left side. So anything occurring on the right or toward the middle of the abdomen I credit to baby movement.
    crysthecen

Answer by crysthecen at 9:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• There was a lot of confusion for me at first, I was never really sure when I was finally at that point when I knew I could be feeling a kick, but one night ds gave me a sound kick right under my belly button. It was so perfectly clear and I knew in an instant that it was kick. That moment was so intense I started to cry and my husband just held my hand because it was too early for him to feel the kicks. I remember the feel of that first solid kick more clearly than I remember some parts of my labor.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• with this being my first baby I really couldn't tell the difference until around 15 or 16 weeks. it felt like a bee buzzing in my belly. it was kinda creepy at first but quickly became amusing once I finally knew what was really going on. I didn't really feel actual, distinct kicking until I was further along (approx 22-24 weeks).
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 10:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• most woman wont feel it until 17 weeks with their first. i associate it with rolling an egg around in circles long ways and you get that bump every so often!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You'll know after a couple of weeks. Gas comes and goes with what you eat and usually feels like bubble bursting, but baby movement will get stronger and more noticable with each following week. You'll also notice patterns in when you can feel it. Mine always got active right after I ate or when I was laying down relaxing.
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 9:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• YOU WILL KNOW BECAUSE ITS DIFFERENT AND ITS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS NATURALLY SO ONE DAY YOU MAY FEEL SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NEVER FELT BEFORE AND IT WILL B THAT MOVEMENT
    lovevlj31

Answer by lovevlj31 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2011