Single and teen mom and dating and friends ?????? adult content

im a single 19 year old mom to a 7 month old baby and i have been dating to this guy for all most 10 months he was there for me throw my hole pregnancy cause he is one good friend. My friends say i shouldnt talk to him just take care of my son but hes a great guy thats been there forever and helps me with bentley and calls him his son and says he is going to adopted him if we stay together for another year we are both ready to settle down my friends think its stupid but i dont see how hes a great guy he was in my dilevery room with me helping me he also says that when he adopts bentley he can give him great benafits cause hes in the marines i love him but my friends say to stop talking to him what do i do HELP HELP HELP :(

teenmom1201

Asked by teenmom1201 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• This is the time where you follow your heart and not your "friends". If he's the one then he's the one and your friends should support you not hold you back. Hope it all works our for you. Good Luck and God Bless
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• thank u so much he is the one i know he is i never felt like this before
    and i know im young but i do love him
    teenmom1201

Comment by teenmom1201 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You NEED help right now... not "advice" sometimes people DONT know what is best for you... If u think this guy is good for u and your son, then he may b! your son needs a dad, and u need all the support u can get!
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 10:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd listen to the friends. They may be trying to warn you about the guy. Lots of guys seem nice but aren't really especially some of the men who are trained to be violent. Plus he can't adopt the baby without consent of the bio dad. This guy sounds like he may have some control issues telling you he's going to adopt your child. I'd either go slow or listen to my friends and walk away
    Anonymous

• thanks and the babys real dad has no rights he signed them over to me and put in the papers to never be contacted about him so ya and they dont like him cause when he comes home i dont hang out with them and we are the best friends and do everything together but when it comes to him i want to spend my week or some time 3 days with him and my son only just us they are really jelouse they are not in that part of my life
    teenmom1201

Comment by teenmom1201 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wow. If I had settled down with the type of man i thought I loved at 19 I would be really unhappy now.
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I am with ms blueberry1 on this! you need to take it slow even though you seem to b for sure.
    ohgoshism

Answer by ohgoshism at 11:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think that you should follow your heart. No matter how old you are, you are a mother now and have a child to think about too and if you think this person is good for both you and your child, then what's the problem. But you know maybe in a couple years you won't feel the same way about this person, but you have to learn that for yourself. Not because anyone told you to. (But I hope it works out for you!)
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• He's commiting WAY too much too soon. It does sound like a controlling relationship.
    Your baby is 7 months so doing the math,3 month in he was already involved in your life.
    RED FLAG

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I met my dh at 18. We married at 20. We will celebrate 20 years of marriage in December. It's not all sunshine and roses, but if you love him you owe it to yourself to find out! Don't listen to your friends, listen to your heart and just observe his behaviors. If he's a good guy, follow your heart.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011