OMFG! It BURNS!!!!!

I got the second worst sunburn of my life last friday. It isn't peeling yet, and I am past the worst of the pain (I hope). Now it is forming blisters!!! I'm covered in them. The burn still really, really, really burns, now that it is healing it itches too.... What, if anything- other than aloe, I've been using it, it doesn't help- do you use?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• VINEGAR, TEA (its the tannins in the tea and vinegar), NOXEMA
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• use the burn spray for actual burns from fire its in the first aid aisle of drug stores
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 10:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I've got sun poisoning right now. It's awful. Are you using aloe with a numbing agent in it? I'm not sure who makes it, but there is an aloe spray that works WONDERS on bad burns. Other than that, I take luke warm showers, and also use a bunch of lotion to try to keep my skin moisturized so it heals quicker.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 10:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• IBuprofen
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 11:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• use curel itch defense. I think its either with the lotions or it might be in the kids section. I just saw a add and a sample in my parents magazine. It say it relieves dry, itchy skin caused by sun, heat, salt, and chlorine. Instant relief. They might have a adult kind too. www.curel.com
    best of luck
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 10:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Milk, cold cow's milk, soak a cloth in it and put it on the burn. When it gets warm, do it again. Do this a couple of times a day.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Did some research for you. It's the protein in the milk.
    Try a tepid bath with a cup of apple cider vinegar.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Noxzema (chill it in the fridge first), shea butter (raw if you can find it), vinegar rinse
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• jessi- day two I still had purple blotches and felt like I was going into shock (nauseous, shaking, chills, light headed, etc). The last bad burn, I did have sun poisoning. It was horrid! but that was over 15 years ago. I have no clue what we did for it then. Thanks for the suggestion, I have actually been using Solarcaine w/ aloe and straight aloe.
    Someone else suggested the vinegar, but the burst blisters made it so intensely painful to use that I couldn't.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• dmd- We're dairy free. Allergies. I'm wondering, what it is in the milk that actually helps relieve the pain.

Tempest- Been taking it religiously! :)
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011