Wanting to decorate my three year old daughters new bedroom help?

I want a gender neutral wall color, yet something fun for my daughters new bedroom..
SHE loves purple however I don't want to have to repaint it later when her sister begins to share it with her in another year if her sister decides her favorite color is pink or orange, or whatever so I want something somewhat neutral.. maybe a light yellow/tan shade with green trim (trim is easy and cheap enough to repaint, however the room is pretty large to repaint it entirely)..

any other design tips? She likes princesses and girly things, (ponies, castles, house, etc). like ideas for curtains?

(if you find a link to a nice design too that would be awesome)

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My daughter and I went to the fabric department and found material that she liked. (She's a little older and loves Hannah Montana) We found a few different fabrics that had the theme and went together and used that for her curtains and throw pillows. She got bedding, and I crochet so she got a throw that matched her comforter, that was 3 years ago, now she is into purple and hot pink zebra stripes, so we have to paint over her purple and yellow walls (I also wrote her name on her wall) and start again. Lots of work maybe, but worth it to me, she will only be small once and she is the last of 5 with a 10 year age gap from the next youngest, so she's pretty spoiled like that, LOL
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would do light brown. You can also try to use those peel and stick things. You can have her help you decide. Take her to a craft store and have a mother/daughter day of shopping for decorations. I cant wait to do that with my LO. Have fun with it cause once she is a teenager she will want to do everything herself.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 11:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my only suggestion is stay away from yellow. Yellow is known to stimulate the brain and your bedroom should be a place of relaxation.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 11:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• oh the throw is a GREAT idea kustomkrochet.. my grandmother crocheted a purple blanket for me when I was younger that I could give to her (the one who made it is her name sake) and would look really well with her bedding!!
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2011