How many states in the US have you visited in your lifetime? Which state/states was your favorite?

I retired in March of 2010 and since then I have vistited 28 states by RV. I have already been to Hawaii so I hope to visit the rest of the 50 states within the next couple of years. That is on my bucket list. My favorite states have been Arizona, Utah, and Wisconsin.

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 11:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Travel

• I've been to 22 states. My absolute favorite is probably a tie between Maine (gorgeous scenery and great food) and South Carolina (we go here every year and I just love it there... everything from the lifestyle to the people).
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 11:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• 1MA
    2NJ
    3NY
    4RI
    5CT
    6DC
    7ME
    8PA
    9FL

all on the far east.. Lol
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• fav is FL for vacation
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Visited 10. PA is my favorite so far.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I hae visited all except Washington,Oregon, Maine and Alaska.
    I have lived in a lot of them....being an Air Force family.
    My favorite is still Minnesota,my home state.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• So far I have been to 32, with the rest still to come. I am still young, only 23.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• MA
    RI
    CT
    NH
    MN
    VT
    NY
    NJ
    TX
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I've been to 18 states, I have to say I love my home state of California, and Wyoming is absolutely incredible....but every state seems to have something that makes it amazing......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Hmmmmm, I have to think for a minute....

I have NOT been to: Alaska, Hawaii, California, Washington, Oregon, North Dakota, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Wisconsin, Maine, New Hampshire, Delaware, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts or Connecticut.

So that means I HAVE been to 31 states.

Of those 31, I love Virginia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania the best, for family ties that make it hard for me to give unbiased opinions on them otherwise. My favorite non-family related visits have been Arizona (Grand Canyon), Montana (Glacier NP), Wyoming (Yellowstone) and I actually like driving through South Dakota. There are a lot of little stops off the highway while roadtripping (Badlands, De Smet, Devil's Tower (wait, I think that's in Wyoming), Mt. Rushmore, Wall Drug, Corn Palace....)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• CA, NV, OR, WA, ID, AZ, TX, NC, SC, VA, FL, AK 12 total

The most beautiful is WA and AK, but they are too cold.

I find desert to have it's own unique beauty, so AZ is my fave state...hence why I live here.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011