Has hubby given you a gift you sincerely hated?

For my 19th birthday my husband decided to buy me a coach purse. (Which was way out of our budget)

It was a small, pink dainty little thing that cost almost $400.
Heres a list of what I'd like to say but never will

1. What were you thinking spending this kind of money on a birthday present?
2. We can't afford this purse.
3. I dont like this tiny little thing, I have NOTHING to match it.
4. Have you noticed that in my closet all my purses are oversized?
5. Have you noticed I've bought my purses from knock off stores in NYC, where I bargained the prices?
6. This purse is cloth, and I accidently spilled some coffee on it the first day i wore it, and I still can't get the stain out. 
7. Did you notice that NONE of my purses are made of cloth?
8. Why didnt you at least consult with me about a birthday present? Or what I may have wanted for my birthday?
9. just because I bought you some name brand clothing online and had it shipped to our house in gift wrapping, doesnt mean I spent more than $40.00 for it. I got it on clearance.
10. You spent the last of our tax refund on this stupid purse that I never wanted, if you were going to go coach, at least take me with you and let me choose which one I wanted.

Has hubby ever gotten you a nice gift that you didnt like? At all?

Ashleigh_17

Asked by Ashleigh_17 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• my ex gave me quite a few things I didn't like.. like a new wireless set for my computer, a snuggy, well.. anything he's ever gotten me I hated. lol
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• so far -not yet thank goodness. if he did i would let him know i don't like it. i would be tactful but i would let him know.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No cant say that he has,.
    Anonymous

• No, my husband has a freaky knack of finding out what I like or want. My ex husband didn't give a crap.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• One year he got me this potted flower thing and my sister also got me a plant for my b-day (I think it was b-day anyway) and I had to ask them both Are you serious?!?! They know I don't care for flowers or plants, dh is the green thumb guy in the house. I have a friend who is constantly showing me pics of flowers and I'm like oooooh that's great. lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i wouldnt say HATE, but the year i was pregnant for Chirstmas he gave me this Mama bear holding a baby bear and its ugly! LOL i want to get rid of it but i know it will break his heart! i collect willow tree people and its not even close to it! LOL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yep. On our married Valentine's Day, he went out to get me something that afternoon. We lived on a military base overseas so his options were very limited because he waited so long. He brought back a Precious Moments ornament that was part of the 12 days of Christmas. It was a baby with mice around it and the mice were drinking the baby's spilt milk from the bottle. Anyways, I was furious until he explained why he got it for me. He told me that he knew that I wanted a baby but it just wasn't the right time so this was a promise that it would be day be time. He sure is good at making up stuff on the top of his head, lol.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Oh when I was pregnant with my first baby dh got me a pair of overalls, I had wanted a pair and no one had them and he found one last pair, he searched everywhere. When I opened them christmas morning I cried, they were kids. He had no idea, right size just wrong department. That year he also filled my stocking with baby things like soothers and sippy cups. I know he was excitied we were having our first baby but I bought him actual things for him not the baby. I told him and he explained why he bought what he did. He's awful at buying things, except one year he bought me a beautiful necklace!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• YES! He keeps buying me jewelry. First of all, I don't really wear jewelry. Second, I hate gold & diamonds! First, he bought me a girls (the chain was so small it didn't fit around my neck) gold heart locket with a shamrock in it... Then he bought me these tiny little diamond studs... The ONLY jewelry I owned was BIG silver hoop earrings, a silver dove necklace and my wedding band. Now I have this ugly stuff that I can't even pitch cause he's super sensitive! I am actually going to get a second hole in my ears so I can wear these earrings! No way I'm wearing them in my first hole.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• In the 20 years we've been married, he has bought me two things that I hated. One was a pair of pink piggie slippers and the other was a cheesy lamp with a snowman on it. What was he thinking??? He learned real quick to play it safe and shop in the jewelry department. lol.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011