Have you ever told your dh/so a lie about one of your ex's because you know he'd leave you if he found out?

Such as, how far you went with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• No, Dh pretty much knows how far I went with everyone.

But there is something about someone that isn't an actual ex that I will never tell him.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• yeahh I don't think it should matter how far you went with your exes because it was in the past and it must have been a relationship to be called an ex right?
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• no. why i be left over something that is in the past. Jealousy like that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if i said that i murdered someone with the guy i would be left but not over something like sex.
    mommyandjake

Answer by mommyandjake at 1:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have learned from a past relationship that it is not very wise to tell them anything about the past that has to do with an ex. I had it thrown in my face throughout the whole relationship. He would tell me that I was disgusting and he couldn't believe that I would get with someone like that. He told me that if I loved him, I would tell him...BAD IDEA. It has nothing to do with how much you love the person that you are with and is none of their business, it was before them.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Nope. But I have told him the truth and we have worked it out.
    Anonymous

Ditto.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I've never lied, but there's plenty he doesn't know. He says he doesn't want to know either. It's the past and has nothing to do with him.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think they think they have to measure up to the ex's. I heard it was in their DNA from cavemen times, the hunting thing. It is like sports or something. I have been married 22 years and i have told him everything and i have had all of it throwed up to me over every little fight we have to this day! My mother said don't tell them everything and she was right! I wish i could do it over again! My ex's was sorry men, you would think this would make him feel better, but if i told him they were great then he would be jelousl They just need some amunition to use on you and if you have to hear it the rest of your life just make it up and laugh inside!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 12:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2008