I have heard it is bad luck is that true

i want to get my first ink but i want my son name on my shoulder.but i heard it was bad luck to put a name on your body.why do they say this?

mom2curlyboy

Asked by mom2curlyboy at 11:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think that is only for a SO, your kid will ALWAYS be your kid. they are saying dont tattoo your husbands name on you because you never know what could happen, but your son will be your son no matter what! I have both of my daughters names on me.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I don't know.. I never heard that.. but maybe it's because a lot of people get the name after they passed but other things like initials or whatever to honor their living children? I have no idea lol
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It's bad luck to put a spouses, not a child's. But to each their own, if you want to get it go right ahead! And they probably say it because a lot of people got dumped and now have a permanent reminder of it lol.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have only heard that in reference to a SO. Ya know because they can always leave and then you still have their name permanently stuck on you. I have never heard anyone say this about a child though. I plan on getting my daughter's footprint with her name and date of birth, and the baby I am pregnant with now I am going to get a handprint, name, and date of birth.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i think that if you want to get a tatoo with your childs name on your shoulder that is your right. you are their mother and you are just showing how proud you are of your child or children.
    poetryqueen

Answer by poetryqueen at 11:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have my tthree sons names in stars on my foot, its never brought me bad luck :) do what you want!! If youre nervous about that get a symbol or a phrase that reminds you of your kids.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not sure - bumped ya
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• not for your children just a "better half"
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i think that only applies for if you ink a person you are close to but not family people come and go but family always stays im going to get my kids initials on the top of my foot but im not superstitious
    jayleelovemommy

Answer by jayleelovemommy at 7:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have heard the same, it only applies to SO. If you tattoo their name on your body it will jinx the relationship. You obviously can't jinx your relationship or break up with your kid! I think you are fine... I did hear if you got your SO name anywhere neck up you are not longer jinxing a relationship.... cause I really want my SO's name across my neck........... nope sorry.
    cheapsally

Answer by cheapsally at 7:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011