What are some silly home remedies you have heard of?

I have a few and they actually work.

Prep H will dry up a pimple usually over night.
Baby Powder will absorb oils in your hair if you don't wanna shampoo your hair. (just don't use so much because your hair kinda looks grayish.)
Color remover (found in a beauty supply store) will remove the self tanner spots on your ankles and knees.
Baking soda in your shampoo will remove all build up from hairsprays and gels in your hair just don't forget to condition afterwards.
Rinse the conditioner out of your hair with cold water and it will make it softer. 

Baby shampoo will get rid of a sty in the eye.

pitter.patter

Asked by pitter.patter at 11:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• bay leaves deter ants
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• So does sidewalk chalk around the windows and the doors and it is kids friendly. You just have to keep redrawing it!
    pitter.patter

Comment by pitter.patter (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I was told that if you rub a wet diaper on a baby's eye it will clear a clogged tear duct. GROSS! I'm sorry, but even if it does work, I wouldn't appreciate urine being rubbed on me, so I'm not gonna do that to my baby!

hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I was told baby shampoo is good for that,unclogging the baby tear ducts. I was told clorox was good for burns.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• A slice of onion on a bee or wasp sting takes out the soreness and reduces swelling. (Might be a little smelly, but it works!)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• A less disgusting and actually useful home remedy my gma taught me was to put deodorant on mosquito bites.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Feeding baby a baked banana soothes and treats diaper rash!
    kstrause

Answer by kstrause at 11:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I did hear that peeing on your own feet if you have athletes foot will clear it up but I have never tried it.
    pitter.patter

Comment by pitter.patter (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Slab of bacon to draw out stingers, infection
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• If you have fleas in your house like we did, and you sprinkle salt everywhere in your carpet and let it stay on there as long as possible before you sweep it up, it kills those little suckers. We did it twice and I was pretty surprised it worked! Just regular ol' salt!
    KaleidoCurlz

Answer by KaleidoCurlz at 1:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011