Is there ANYONE else who is as excited as I am about A Dance with Dragons?

I can't possibly be the only one, but I've heard no enthusiasm at all!

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 11:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Entertainment

• Me! Me! I just got an email from amazon that my copy has been shipped! Sweet!!!!!!! Can't wait! Hope we finally find out where Tyrion is, who Jon's mom (or parents--I have never thought Ned is even his father) is! And ofcourse, Dany and the dragons.....
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Never heard of it. What is it?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• A book. The newest in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series (first book: A Game of Thrones, the one the first season of the HBO series was based on). It's been 6.5 years since the last book was published, and he's got a massive following--this book will premier on the NYT bestsellers list, quite possibly at #1. It is genre fiction, you have to like fantasy to really enjoy it, but I'm just amazed I haven't gotten any response out of anyone!
    DragonRiderMD

Comment by DragonRiderMD (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Jon and Tyrion and Dany are all there. It starts where A Storm of Swords left off, for the characters that weren't in A Feast of Crows, and then the other characters come back towards the end of the book after the timeline of Feast is done. According to the author's note at the beginning. And I read a review that mentioned Jon's parentage, but I think it was talking about the mystery and not it being solved.

AAH! I'M SO EXCITED! I about jumped the UPS guy when he showed up at my bookstore yesterday, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Comment by DragonRiderMD (original poster) at 8:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011