Hurt knee...any ideas??

I had my son 5 months ago. I've put on about 60 lbs that my body isn't used to. About 3 months ago my knee really started to hurt. I couldn't kneel on it because it felt like someone was stabbing a knife in it. Now keep in mind 1 I have bad ankles so im sure my knees compensate for those and I also have my son and a 2 year old daughter. I do lots of bending, kneeling (on the good one) and chasing of kiddos. Tonight I was swaying my hips back and nforth trying to put my son to sleep and it hurt the sides of my knee so I stopped. It was irritating me so I bent in while standing and it popped and was excruciating! Ever since it hurts ot bend it or to stand up from sitting. Haven't tried aquatting but it doesn't hurt to walk. It feels like my leg and foot on that side are swelling a bit. I have it propped up now, any ideas?? Oh I ask because we're out of town until thursda. Thanks!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 11:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• I have been diagnosed with tendonitis in my knees and it can feel like someone is stabbing me or just a dull ache. Just depends on the level of activity that I have done. I usually just rest and take a ton of motrin as well as ice for about 3 days and then onto heat per my doc. The heat made the pain worse at first and then over time it helped decrease the amount of pain. If it doesn't feel better in a few days of low activity I would seek the advice of your doctor. Hope it feels better soon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• For now, get a neoprene wrap from any drug store ( specific for knee) keep it on for a few weeks to give extra support and do not over bend or kneel on that knee- let it try to heal. Learn to lunge with opposite knee- instead of squatting until you can try to heal whatever happened. Good luck.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011