My husband has been battling digestive problems for the past couple of YEARS & we can't figure it out.

He's had everything. Colonoscopies. Ultrasounds. Endoscopies. They can't seem to figure out what's wrong with him. I'm about to call the producers of "Mystery Diagnosis". He says he feels EXTREMELY bloated, CONSTANTLY, and he feels as if there is a knot or big ball of tension of some sort in his abdomen. My first thought was, his intestines have tied themselves in a knot but no, all the tests came back that they were fine. TMI, but he says he ALWAYS feels like he has to poop, and he's able to go, but he never feels finished. He's also very gassy. Does ANYONE know what could be wrong with him?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• IBS sounds like me some months. go to the store and buy him so Align. its in a green box and would probably be with the laxitives and stuff. it is AWSOME. my photographer's son had the same thing and no one could fig it out i gave her some and it cleared him right up and he has been on it since. it is a probotic i believe and it just balances the good and bad bacteria in his system...hey its worth a shot! it worked for me and the little boy. you take it once a day in a pill. good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• A couple of things come to mind. He needs to start a food journal and a stomach journal. He needs to keep track of everything he is eating and how he feels everyday. After a couple of weeks you may find a trigger. Also has he had an allergy test? I mean a complete allergy test?

Weird question... does he have any kind of rash on his arms?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I was going to say sounds like IBS as well, there are medications for it if he needs it. I have this and its horrible, I don't eat much anymore because I always feel full so soon and even then I get "bad bowels" lol soon after eating, no matter what I eat.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Does he have cramping and diarrhea? My dad suffered with bouts of chronic and severe cramping and diarrhea since he was a teen. It wasn't until he was 50 that he finally got diagnosed with Crohns Disease. There are a lot of digestive disorders that can present in the same way. Maybe google digestive diseases and just go down the list to find possible answers.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• daily probiotic like Align or Sustenex. Go gluten free. should probably do a full body detox too
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011