Pagans: Masculine God Images

To the Pagans of CM, what God do you most work with or what to you use to represent the masculine? I have a tattoo on my foot that is a vine with my DD's name. It ends in the Goddess Isis just above my toes. My DS was born in May and I want to get something similar on my other foot but change the Goddess to a god. Problem is I'm not all that connected to a masculine figure. I thought about using the Green man but not sure.

ETA to add photo. You can see the goddess here.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 11:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• On my altar is a picture of symbol of the horned God.

Its colored gold and is a circle in the center with a cross under it and horns on top. Very simple and does not depict any particular pantheon.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Have you considered a totem animal instead of a deity symbol? Since you mentioned incorporating Shamanic practices, I think that would be cool. It's not my tattoo, though. If you want a symbol representing a male deity, I think that the picture amaranth posted might be your best bet, since it isn't really connected to any pantheon.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• This is similar to mine except mine has a cross under it.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• The Triple Horn for Odin:

http://symboldictionary.net/library/graphics/symbols/triplehorn.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• since you have Isis on one side, perhaps maybe the Eye of Ra? 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• After reading the Poetic Eddas I don't think me and Odin would get along. ;)
    I'm fascinated by the culture and history but other than that its not one I'm particularly drawn to. I'm drawn more toward Celtic, Native American, and Egyptian culture.

When I call upon the masculine I always incorporate Dh's belief into it (N.A. Shamanism) and just say great spirit or Father sky.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• You know I think this might be perfect.

SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Im drawn to the Hindu pantheon but there really isnt one that I can think of that would be fitting for a tat like you are speaking of. The only thing that springs to mind from that pantheon is the elephant head of Ganesha simply cuz elephants are strong.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• what God do you most work with or what to you use to represent the masculine? I personally work with God's aspects of Anubis/Anpu and Cernunnos. I also agree that the picture amaranth posted might be your best bet.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• A totem animal is a good idea too. Like I said we blend Wiccan & Native American Shamanism. So we do use animals to represent masculine a lot. Thanks for the idea.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011