Is this normal?

I just became soda free about a week ago. Well, last night I weighed myself and I weighed a couple pounds more than usual...WTHeck???? Even though I feel like I've lost a couple of pounds. So my question is....is it normal to first gain a pound or two then lose? I don't feel as bloated either, but the scale says different, LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It could be something as simple as a full bladder or your bowels are full.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Just give it time. Going soda free is a wonderful way to loose weight. Before I got married I gave up soda and the weight just melted off, I lost 4 dress sizes before I got married and pregnant and I was told to stop loosing weight.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 12:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Your body may be adjusting. Keep off the soda, like you're doing. Are you substituting the sugar with something else? Give it more time. Great decision, keep it up!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Depends what time of the day you weighed yourself OR what you ate over the week to compensate for those blood sugar dips you'll have had since coming off the soda. It'll level out. Keep going! x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 6:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yeah just keep with it. Our body weight can vary up to 8 pounds in ONE DAY! Giving up the sugary soda is a start, but you aren't going to see immediate results from that alone.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes, bowels can have something to do with it, your weight is said two decrease and increase by two pounds daily. If you feel good, then don't pay attention to what the scale saids so much.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2011