Single Mothers

What are some ways you cope with being single parent to your child, Being the mother and the father...What are ways you keep your head clear of hurt etc...Any suggestions appreciated.

Proudnewmommy11

Asked by Proudnewmommy11 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I keep God in my lfe to help me get though being a single mother ,and I also just met a new guy .and he is wonderful to me and wants to be in my life eventhough I am preganant .....
    heidimks

Answer by heidimks at 12:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Just look at you baby everyday and remember its all about him or her. The past is hard to forget & I still have those what could have been moments. If my ex and I were still together.
    Its a rough road but so worth it when they become great older children and adults.
    If you ever need to chat, add me as a friend...
    My kids are older now but I've been there...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• the only thing I kept in mind before I met my husband, was that my daughter was so fortunate, and in such a better place in life without her biological father. He was a terrible mess of a person, and most of the time, I believe people can change, but with him. He'd never change. And I'm so glad that shes with me and safe. Sometimes, one parent can do a better job raising a child than two put together. Keep up the great single mommy work!
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I agree with keeping god in your life, I have my moments of guilt where I feel bad for his father not being around but I know I made every effort for him to know his dad, I spend as much time as I can with him because I know I'm all he has but just do what you can do and leave the rest up to god. It helps to know people in the same situation to talk to , it always makes me feel better to talk to someone
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• When I have doubts as a single mom I turn myself to God and say this pray: Help me O God. Heal me of my wounds so I may not pass on to my child my bitterness. Heal me of my insecurities that i may teach on him how to have confidence on himself. Blot out my sins that he may not be cursed for mistakes he wasn't aware of, and so that he can have a wonderful future ahead of him. Fill my heart with love even if i'm all alone. For how can I possibly give away that which I do not have? Say unto me Lord that I am not alone for you will be my husband, and you yourself will be his father. This child is blessed, this I know, and I thank you for all that you have ever done and all that you have in store for us from you boundless mercy and unceasing love.
    Emilye93

Answer by Emilye93 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It's the hardest job you'll ever have, but also the most rewarding. I've been a single parent to my one year old since the day he was born. The best coping mechanism is his smile. Remember to give yourself breaks. As much as you want to be able to do it all, it's hard, don't be afraid to ask for help sometimes. Message me anytime you want!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I was a single parent for the better part of 20 years. I found it to be overwhelming but everyday I knew I had to do everything I could to provide for my 2 children. You just tackle each problem as it comes. Good Luck to you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011