Dental question

Okay, I'm only 36. I've never had nice teeth. At the present I live like 10 on top and 11 on bottom.
I've had a lot of cosmedic denal done years ago.
I cut put everything, I eat. Just cuz I am afraid of something breaking. Which has happened twice. I was lucy and they could fix it.
I want to have a full set of dentures. My smile is okay, but I am missing one upper tooth. It does hender my smile. I could just have one implant but why? Id like to have them all nice and safe. Not to worry about something breakming.
Whay do you think?
I'm nervous about it but would like a nice smile for the first time in my life. I have dental insurance.
Do you know average cost? Recovery time? (Out of work, time)
Is this a good idea?
Have dental cleaning appt next week and want to ask but not sure

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• Try Snap-On Smile (SOS) by Den-Mat - www.denmat.com

They are custom made for you, whatever shade you like and they are removable. You can eat while wearing them and they look very natural. Feeling good about your teeth is important. Ask your dentist about SOS and if it can work for you. Good Luck!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• work out a plan with your dentist and I would either get implants or dentures. My dentist wants me to get implants but the thought of them freaks me out.
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My dentist estimated(yes they can give you estimates before hand) that I would have about $15,000 amount of work overall(including implants)... I have an autoimmune disorder thats hard on my teeth as well as the meds that I take for it, so my teeth are screwed lol.

I think one of the most expensive parts of the whole densure thing would be getting your existing teeth removed...I know someone who got a pretty pair of dentures for $500. Depending on what your teeth are like now I don't know if you would have to see a Dental surgeon or if your regular dentist could do the removal.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011