Be Honest... would you want you your daughter to date a really skinny boy....

and would you feel he could protect her? My daughter is twenty and dating lots of different boys. One boy in particular is average height and VERY skinny but treats her so well and is very good to her. My husband doesn't think this guy could take care of her given his size. I know this is a strange question but what do you gals honestly think..if it was your daughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Like sleepingbeautee, my husband was very skinny when we married, and he's 6'4. He weighed approx. 160lbs. The sweetest gentleman ever. After qe were married my good homecooking put some weight on him :) 28 years we've been married. Be grateful your daughter is dating a young man that respects her. That is so important.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Take care of her???? What the heck...do you live in a WAR ZONE??? Or a ghetto?
    If he is a nice guy and treats your daughter well, that is the most important thing.
    Skinny? Lots of guys are skinny when they are young. That is better than a chunky guy with a Beer belly, in my opinon. Chunky, pumped up guiys are usually kinda dense and dumb.

WHat is wrong with your husband? He is a superficial dude in my opinion.
    BEing intelligent and having a good job, a career, is the best way for a guy to take care of your daughter.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't care. My daughter can whoop up some ass and take care of herself lol.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My husband was 6'2 and 155 lbs when we started dating. I really think that is a very poor excuse to not like the guy she is seeing. If he treats her well and is a nice person, who cares?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Being skinny is no indication of whether he can physically protect your daughter. My DH is relatively skinny. But he's trained in martial arts and have no trouble taking out a bigger guy.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't care as long as he treats her right and she's happy. Size doesn't always matter, my hubby is pretty skinny but would have no trouble taking out someone bigger than him.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'm sorry but What The Fuck? That makes zero sense. Methinks your husband has some very odd ideas regarding a) being physically attacked and what that means, b) a woman's capabilities and c) the important factors for dateability.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I really don't think the guys size has anything to do with how well he could protect her. I dated a guy who was very skinny but freakishly strong it seemed. I also dated another guy on the football team in highschool and lmbo he was thick and muscular and I swear he couldn't squash a fly, he was so sissy and actually weak.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Would he rather her date someone big and bulky that treated her badly? I don't think being skinny is a bad thing. Who knows? He may know karate. Or he may just be a decent guy.
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 12:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Don't judge a book by it's cover, he might be VERY skinny but he can be strong & a darn good fighter so just give him the benefit of the doubt, you never know ;) Also he treats your daughter right & that's whats very important & what really would matter to me.

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2011