Why don't I like fruit?

When I was pregnant the second time I swear I couldn't stomach fruits and veggies. I was very much a carb and meat girl. I gained only 11lbs and had a big healthy baby. After that pregnancy I started to eat the good stuff again but just not as keen on fruits. Third pregnancy and again with not liking fruits and veggies! Even after I had her I didn't like fruits. I'd eat them and be surprised at how I liked them but I can't seem to bring myself to eat them often. Am I psyching myself out or something? I've now had my 4th baby and I'm veggies all the way again but fruit is still hard for me. Why? I know it's healthy for me and I actually fine it enjoyable once I finally eat some.
Has this ever happened to you and did you ever get back to eating it regularly?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'm like that. For me, if it's prepared (by someone else :) ) and presented nicely, I'll eat it, or you could cover it in chocolate and I wouldn't think twice about eating it :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• There are certain fruits my sons can't eat- they actually have a sensitivity to them. You may be sensitive. See if there is any fruit that you do like and go with that one.

Answer by Bmat at 12:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think if you have a natural aversion to something, there's a reason. Kind of like the same way you'll crave something if your body really needs it.
    I have always hated Vinegar. I am a really wacky eater, and I don't do mayo, salad dressing, anything pickled or deviled.. etc... When I was first diagnosed with migraines my doctor gave me a list of things to avoid, and all those foods I DON'T like were on the list! It was actually a huge help cause I didn't have to monitor my diet for them to diagnose me as having menstrual/hormonal migraines. Sort of like my body already knew this is stuff that would affect me adversely.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• But what is in all fruit that could affect me that way? I ate some blueberries today beacuse my dd didn't want them and they were good. I just don't have the desire to eat them. I'll prepare them for the kids and take some pieces here and there but I try to avoid eating them. I really don't get it.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Hmm not sure, but make sure you take a good multi-vitamin or a separate vitamin c supplement to compensate!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I grabbed an apple today on my way out the door and I really enjoyed it. Maybe I've just psyched myself out and need to get in the habit of eating it.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2011