Piercings and Pregnancy

I have nine piercings and I know that they make maternity rings for belly rings. Now I also have my nipples pierced and they have only been done for about five months. By the time I have this baby it will be almost a year. Does anyone know if it will be okay to still breastfeed? I was told it depends on how they are pierced and I have heard that it isn't possible I was hoping to maybe find some moms that have them and have breastfed or know about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not quite sure but here's a bump!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i have also heard it depends on how they are pierced, google "nipple piercing and breastfeeding"
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well if they are healed enough to take in and out by time the baby comes thing I think it would be possible to breastfeed and still keep them...but your nipples will get pretty sore breastfeeding and I don't know if you would really want to take them in and out..

Leaving them in while breastfeeding isn't an option(or at least I wouldn't) I would be worried about something coming loose while sucking or messing up the latching of baby...They suck really hard! lol

I used to have mine pierced but after baby came, and don't see why I wouldn't have been able to take off the jewelry and breastfeed then put the jewelry back in afterwards.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I did and yeah I didn't find much. Google has kinda of been a disappointment lately!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• http://www.pregnancy.org/article/breast-tattoos-nipple-piercings-and-breastfeeding

look at this, seems to be pretty good(you may have seen this already though) lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Actually I hadn't seen that! Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• For breastfeeding, you just have to take the jewelry out while you're feeding your baby so a bead or something doesn't come off. I don't know much about the pregnancy belly rings. I just left my regular one in until I got really big, around 8 months, then took it out for a while after that.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I'd take the nipple piercings out either now or when baby is born. Babies can suckle hard and a lot... I think the piercings would get very sore.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2011