Stitches after birth

I tore very little while child birth .. i needed 3 stitches, how long does it take for them to disappear usually?

im already on 2 1/2 weeks post delivery.

akalei

Asked by akalei at 1:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• mine took about 4 weeks after my first i didnt tear that much but you still need to wait 6 full weeks before sex :) just to make sure everything is ok!!!! :))
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 1:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It should be almost healed by now. With my first, I tore a little and they gave me a water bottle with a squeeze thing that I could "irrigate" the area and that helped a lot (it felt so good to have cold water on the stitches), but they didn't give me one when I tore again with my 4th baby.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• no sex yet! i just want to shave haha sorry tmi. im so paranoid that im going to cut something off or re-open something but its just getting to out of control down below
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Have your husband help you shave maybe? lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't remember how long it took for them to go away, but I had three as well and the tear stayed sore for a long time! We had to avoid certain positions literally for at least a year because it still hurt if there was too much friction.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Mine took 6 weeks to be totally gone. Most of it was gone by about 4 weeks, but there was one that stayed until after my PP appointment.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2011