Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how to approach my doctor

I have noticed for the last year or so i have been having a really hard time focusing I have been loosing things more than normal i feel completely scatter brained i am having a hard time sitting down and staying still i think i have ADHD im 20 years old and im just not sure how to talk to my doctor about it

Answer Question

Asked by TaiZombie at 1:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I would just sit down and tell him exactly what you told us... don't worry about feeling foolish or anything, doctors hear could try finding a doctor in your area that handles Adhd.

    Do you have any other kind of symptoms, physical or mental? Such as racing thoughts, impulsivity?

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

  • I agree with tntmom1027 - we always think we're going to sound foolish but doctor's hear many different things all the time - they are really just interested in how they can help you. Make a list of questions to take with you to your appointment - that way, you won't have to try and remember since you'll have everything written down. There could be a lot of things going on or something as simple as having a lot on your mind/things to do. Let your doctor diagnose you and then go from there. GL

    Answer by pocmom at 1:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Stitches after birth

Next question overall (Home & Garden)
How hot is it where you live?