How can you remove a skin tag at home?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• I just keep twisting and pulling until it falls off
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I've heard putting iodine tincture on it will dry it up and it will eventually fall off.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My husband's doctor told him to buy one of the at home freeze off kits and to freeze the tags(as long as they are really big) and to repeat it every 2 weeks and they would fall off on their own...we have done it and it does work. Carefully about freezing too much of the skin around the tag cause it will burn it and make it sore.

never do tags around your eyes, must go to the doctor for that.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I work in a pharmacy and I can tell you from witnessing other peoples progress and treatments. They use liquid bandaid. It takes a couple of weeks but it really does work. I thought it was pretty amazing and pain free.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My pediatrician told me that if I ever wanted to remove a skin tag (NOTE: NOT a traditional mole, but a flesh colored flap) that I could knot a piece of thread tightly around it, flush with the skin, and in about 4 days, the lack of blood flow will cause the flap to die and will eventually fall off. Do not fiddle with it in the meantime though, or it could cause scarring or infection. I can't imagine this would be a particularly attractive way to remove it during the process, but it's virtually pain and chemical free. My DD has a skin tag by her ear and he thought I should remove it, but I left it there in the event that I ever needed to identify her. Now at 12, she loves that little piece of herself, and I'm so glad I left it!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 2:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• If you can lift it at all, tight wrap a thread around it, in a few days it will lose all blood supply and fall off!! Really works, try it. Hope this helps you out! Good luck!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2011