My BFF was living w/ a guy that beat her, now they are seperated but she wants to get back with him.

Is there anything I can say that would even make a difference? I guess being beat and choked and threatened to be killed and cheated on repeatedly wasn't enough for her. He was awful to her and she can't "stop loving him" I just want better for her. Right now he is across the US he is a truck driver. Please help

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 1:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• My ex husband was like that. The only reason I left was because he kicked me out and I had to move back home. By the time he said he would "take me back" I was strong enough to file for divorce and kick his ass in court.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Unfortunately there really isn't anything that you can do beyond having a calm talk with her. I would highly recommend keeping a relationship with her and make sure she knows that if she does leave she can come to you for help and shelter...thats the most important thing.

You cannot make her leave him, it has to be her decision and hopefully she will come to that decision sooner rather than later.

I left my ex a bunch of times and went back/let him back until I was finally ready to leave him for good...the most important thing for me then was to have the support of friends or else I may have ended up going back..

good luck and stay strong.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Wow - that has to be really hard fo you to hear that she wants to get back with him. I would tell her what you put in your post about the beating, choking, etc . . what's to love? what, actually, does she miss about this guy? Unfortunately, if she decides to get back with him, there's not a thing you can do to make her change her mind. About the only thing you can do if she does decide to go back to him, is let her know that you can't be available to come pick her up after he's kicked her ass one more time. You have to keep yourself sane and safe though and not put yourself in a dangerous position. Keep it real about what she's getting back into and that you will be there for her when she decides that she is more than a punching bag and wants to get out - for good. Hang in there, it will be hard to watch unfold, but you have you to think about you first. This is a tough one - big hug and a bump up. Take best of care
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 2:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• thats a vicious circle
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2011