Jaxson painted his arms & most of his legs today with black oil paint that won't wash off. HELP!!!

Any advise would be appreciated! We fly tomorrow. I am a white mother with a black american child who is sporting a fresh coat of paint! but mostly I am worried about his gorgeous sweet skin! help!

jaxcharlesmom

Asked by jaxcharlesmom at 1:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• look at paint bottle tube what ever and call manufacturer..... or look up online to find out safe ways to remove paint.

traren

Answer by traren at 1:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Try liquid casteele soap, all natural & is the best color remover I have found. It is the only soap I use on the baby, it cleans anything you could even brush your teeth with it lol
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 1:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Plop him in a bathtub and paint him with olive oil or mayonaise, and gently work it off with a washcloth or poofy. The oil should break the paint down, and the paint should start sloughing off with a little friction (just leave the skin attached.) Also, I've heard Vicks Vapo Rub contains turpentine oil, so that may work also if you rub some on a cloth and do a little scrubby.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• HUGS! I know it's hard to believe, but you and he will both survive this, his skin will be ok, and, in time, you will actually laugh about it.

I remember when my ds was about 4, and he got into some frosting dyes. Long story short, he ended up being an oh so lovely shade of teal - head to toes... (when we tried to wash it off, it simply spread over the parts that weren't already covered in the dyes...) I was NOT happy at the time. It was right before Easter, we had pictures scheduled, and he was teal for 2 weeks!

Now, he's 18 and it's been a pretty funny family story for yrs :-)

HUGS, and hang in there :-) (PS - I know you won't believe this, but take pictures! I regret that I didn't get pictures of my ds when he looked like a little alien lol)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• (yes, we did cancel the pictures we had scheduled. I wish now that we hadn't.)
    sailorwifenmom

• Sometimes liquid dial antibacterial soap will cut through what other soaps can't....there's also some makeup removers that work well for oil based liquids...as long as it's not harsh chemicals or anything that isn't supposed to be used on skin, it should be safe enough....I know some of the makeup removers available can cut through even really thick foundation, so they might be a good try. Good luck :)
    lipstickclouds

Answer by lipstickclouds at 2:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011