Should I talk to my husband about this......

My mom called me today and said that my FIL stated to her that he's worried that my husband and his x-wife are going to get back together if my husband doesn't get custody of his daughter..... I was really floored when my mom told me that and asked me not to say anything..... should I talk to my husband about this or not worry about it he has never given me any!!! reason to think this ever!!!!! he doesn't even talk to the x-wife I usually do so I'm not exactly sure why my FIL said this!!!!!

traren

Asked by traren at 2:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• If you don't want it to look like you are confronting your husband, approach it like you are warning him. Say, "I think you should know that your dad is saying this about you." You will probably be able to judge from his reaction if there is anything truth to it or not. I wouldn't stay silent, because it will be better to get everything out in the open, no matter what is going on. Especially if you are the type to brood and think about it 24/7 (like I would be). I would need answers right away no matter how bad they may be.
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't say anything. If your husband hasn't given you reason to worry, all it will accomplish is causing a rift between your FIL and DH. You don't want to be the catalyst of that.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Talk face to face with all parties concerned, starting with your father-in-law. I'd invite them all over at he same time and one by one ask each to share their feelings and thoughts. After this, I'd let each know that if they have something to say to or about you or something that directly affects you, you'd appreciate it if they'd come to you. Honest and open communication is what healthy relationships are all about. And, yes, since this involves his parents and his ex-wife, present your strategy to him first. And, no matter what, stick to the decision you make. Since you're asking this question here, it must be on your mind so trying to just squelch this statement doesn't seem like a good idea. It will only haunt you everytime you see your in-laws or speak to the ex and cause you to worry over what could be just hearsay or twisted words and/or false assumptions.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 6:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I don't think I could stop myself from talking to my DH about something like that. That's just us, though- me and DH talk about everything.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Use your Knowledge too find out
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i wouldnt be able to stop myself from asking BF that either! i mean, if thats what he's truly planning, then i need to know. if he needs help on gaining custody/visitations, maybe i can help him with that approach... if thats not what he's planning, then i know that i can never trust FIL again, and lose a TON of respect for him
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• talk to you husband communication is the best key and only he will have the trueth for you not anyone else and everything is just rumors until you talk to him make sure you let him know your not accussing him but where you herd it and when maybe that would help him explain what is going on
    tjclore

Answer by tjclore at 2:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Talk to him. A marriage can only survive if your are honest with each other. Try to have a time when just the two of you can sit quietly and talk. Mention how you came by the info and let him know that it surprized you so much you felt you had to talk to him to settle your mind. and then LISTEN to what he says.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2011