GallBladder Disease

Anyone had their Gallbladder removed?
How long did it take for the doctor's to diagnose it?
How long did it take before you recovered from Surgery?

The reason I ask is because I have been suffering since last August with pains on my right side; right under my rib cage. The pain radiates to my back.
I have been back and forth to the ER.
Been told it was Uti's; this time I didn't have one.
Been told is was due to my GERD; yeh right!
Been told it may be a kidney infection; kidney infection gone and still in pain.
Finally going to see A GI specialist
Had a Cat scan; Sonogram; and a hide away scan (where they make your gallbladder contract and check it's functionality); nothing!
They say the pain is located where my gallbladder is; but the gallbladder does not appear irritated.
I am tired of being in pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Asked by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 2:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• Keep track of what you eat, and when you have pain. If the pain appears after you have eaten greasy stuff, like pizza, fried chicken, french fries...if chocolate seems to make it flair up it's probably your gall bladder, take the paper with you next time you see the Dr.. as it will help him diagnose you. Do you wake up with the pain, does it usually start after you have eaten? I found that it just got to the point that anything would set it off. When it flares up bad enough to go to the ER, take that list with you. My daughter was 16 and she went 6 months before they finally diagnosed her, and by the time she got it taken out, it was ready to burst!, it was so full of stones. Her pediatrician refused to believe it was her gall bladder, and she went through every kind of blood test and x-ray, it made me furious! It took the ER Dr. to diagnose her!

\
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My Mom was taken to the ER doubled over in pain one night. It just happened all the sudden. It took about an hour to diagnose her. They did an emergency surgery to take it out. She was better in about 3 weeks. My Mom had been having 'attacks' too. Where she would have bad pain, but she thought it was gas. Well this particular night she found out that it was actually gall stones. Is it possible to have only a few gall stones at a time? If it is, maybe you had passed them already. Which is the pain you've been feeling, and why they didn't see anything on the scans.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It seems to get worse after I eat; especially after a big meal. I just spent 16 HOURS in the ER on Wednesday- Thursday! I am hoping the GI specialist will consider removing it.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Comment by Mom_Of_3_Angelz (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I had mine removed a month ago cause pregnancy caused me to develope stones. and when it would flare up,it made me very sick. So I got it out. I feel better now
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Mine diagnosed me that day, confirmed the next via the test results. Recovery depends on the type of surgery. Lathroscopic (I think is how it's spelled), I was in and out that day. I was given a week off from work although I probably could have gone back 3 days after.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2011