What is best technique to handle hubby in a joint family system?

My MIL, SIL, BIL are also living with us and whenever me and my hubby have any arguments all his relatives jump into...no privacy:( any idea how can i handle them and at the same time i keep good relation with my hubby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• your hubby should sit them down and have a serious talk with them and tell them to butt out. another thing is u and your hubby should have a bit more restraint and try to pick your battles or set aside a special time and place (away from the house) where you guys could hash things out . why are they living with u guys anyways ?
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Personally, if I wanted a private conversation(or argument lol) with my DH, I would get him in the car and lock the doors, or take a drive somewhere quiet. That way they cannot just butt in. Also, I'd tell them flat out to stay out of it, since it is not their business or their life. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• making a schedule time . thank you , next , is not your turn etc.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• yea, take the argument elsewhere. and talk to him about his family butting in.... you married him, not his family. (well, kinda-- but you get the picture; you are arguing with your husband, not husband's entire family)
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2011