A new male friend that has started liking me

it is the a/c guy that came ot fix the a/c last week and we talked after he was finished for a while and have continued talking about life in general. nothing has happened, i am married and he is divorced. he told me he is starting to like me and stuff. i am unhappily married and have been for a little while, but i just try and make the best of it and find outlets and make new friends male/female to talk to and to have someone to talk to about things. i am just not sure about this situation, i like him as a person but im in no place to do anything further.

wadeswife81

Asked by wadeswife81 at 3:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• pretty good chance he just wants to bang u, i doubt he wants anything more. just be careful .
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Be very careful. Don't get involved without telling your husband first.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• well im always concerned about that dealing with men....but i don't seem to get that vibe from him, because sex has never been mentioned. Ive had other supposed friends that wanted to be only friends but wanted to bang me.....its funny how men are...they dont want anything more than sex but they let you get emotionally involved and then tell you that after they've told you everything you wanna hear to get to have sex with you...i know men pretty well but i was just curious to see what others had to say....thanks for the input though :)
    wadeswife81

Comment by wadeswife81 (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i dont plan on getting involved with him any further than being friends. i am unhappy being married, it isnt for me so i am just looking for friends an people to do things with. its an easy outlet for me, this just kinda happened, but im not letting myself go. i feel lonely even though im married and i dont feel appreciated, wanted etc...my hubby acts like since he has a job and i dont then i dont account for a lo there.....its hard to explain and this probably isnt the right place to post all of this but i am anyways.....
    wadeswife81

Comment by wadeswife81 (original poster) at 3:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Sometimes it helps to have the viewpoint of the opposite sex when you are having marital problems. I would keep on being his friend, but either explain to him that you only can be friends with him and the second he takes it further than that, stop talking to him. I know what you mean about feeling lonely. I have been a SAHM since my daughter was born and it used to be great, but I am bored and lonely and feel left out because my DH has tons of work friends (a lot of them female) and instead of moping anymore, I signed up to go back to school so I can work too. It's important for moms to have friends, female and male, so they can have an emotional outle. So as long as your friendship with him stays appropriate, what's the harm? But once anything happens that you would be ashamed to tell you DH then its time to say good bye to him as a friend
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Try it it will be experience
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• well he knows and understands that i am married and hasnt offered to do anything further and respects the fact that im married. i have been in school since 2008, that too is boring to me....i am bored with everything....me and my hubby used to do things together but his job and money are important to him and i feel below them. he is not very sensitive when i am sick etc. he makes fun of things i like and things i like to do...its just a hassle dealing with him.....i think im better off alone to have friends and do what i want when i want etc...the new friend isnt someone i want to have sex with or anything...its not an attraction like that....
    wadeswife81

Comment by wadeswife81 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2011