Do you make your 7 year old take naps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It is hard at that age to Make them take a nap, but if they are very active and you think they need a rest period then they should at least lay or sit quietly for an hour. But you cant force a child to sleep.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• She takes a nap if she wants but I don't force it
    NikkiMarie333

Answer by NikkiMarie333 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• my 2 year old has to take a nap and i usually just let my 4 year old lay and look at books or color, UNLESS he is cranky then yes you must take a nap but if he is not its called quiet time
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• NAPS!!! What is that after my children hit the age of 2, naps became none existent--Is there a rule that us parents can take naps!!!!!
    Queenof8Bratz

Answer by Queenof8Bratz at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I make my 6 year old lay down and rest at least. He doesnt have to go to sleep, but he plays really hard with the rest of the kids, and needs some downtime to recharge. I play it by ear though... If he needs more rest he has to lay down longer for a chance to catch a cat nap. If he acts like he isnt tired, then I dont make him lay down at all.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 6:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• my kids do not nap (hardly EVER) and they should (ages 2 & almost 4). We do have quiet time though so they are not fighting and I can relax and read for an hour.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Sure! Why not? I HOPE my son still wants to take a nap when he's that old... LOL :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yes Yes but not for very long 30 min to an hour
    sillybabys

Answer by sillybabys at 1:21 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• ah no those days are long gone. If he needs to settle down i just do something with him that gets him focused....like...maybe help me bake something, play a board game, read a book, craft. I know that if my son were to nap during the day he would NEVER be able to fall asleep at night. Every kid is different so you could always ask your pediatrician too. good luck.
    wishtoadopt

Answer by wishtoadopt at 2:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• woah was my first thought on this one! LOL she didnt even nap after a tonsil/adn. surgery at 6!! I think hers ended by age 4-5...more power to ya if yours does though
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 10:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2008