Did anyone...

work allllllll the way up til they had their baby? I am and it's really really wearing me out but it's helping the time pass. 39w 1d

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yep! I actually was scheduled to work the day my daughter was born. I had an appointment scheduled for that day and I was going to ask them to take me off of work, but my water broke at 3am so I didn't have to!

I liked having the time go by faster, but I was so exhausted! This time around I'm only part time so I think it will make it a little easier. If you don't want to work anymore, have your doctor take you off.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I worked up until the day before my daughter was born. I would have worked the last day too but I went to my last Dr. appointment on Monday and they scheduled my induction for Tuesday morning. I liked working though, it gave me something to do other than sit at home feeling like the baby was NEVER going to come out! I plan on working up until the baby comes this time too unless my doctor says otherwise. I'm currently 33 1/2 weeks.
    LHeath79

Answer by LHeath79 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My best friend did! She worked the night before she had her little girl! I thought she was crazy! I couldn't do it. My employer wouldn't allow me to work part time hours. I was beginning to get toxemia and I couldn't work full time anymore. When I do get pregnant again, I will work the whole time if I can! Congrats that you are able to! You are almost done!! YAY!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My sister-in-law did! She was still waiting for her papers to come back approving her leave (she works for the state), but she drove home form work on a Friday (expecting her last day to be the following Friday), and when she go tout of the car, her water broke!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was induced with my third at 7 pm and I worked up until 2 pm that day. yes it is very tiring and hard, excpecially when you have other kids at home but it can be done. I'm going to try to do it again this time so I can stay home with my baby for as long as possible.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2008