Not on the same level

Have you ever had friends that werent on the same humor level?

Tonight I was asked what we should do and jokingly I said "THE STRIPCLUB" and got the weirdest look and no comment.

SO weird:(

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 6:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• That's when you come back with "what....you guys don't feel like throwing cash at hoes?"

They might have taken you seriously. Not everyone understands when someone is being sarcastic. I wouldn't consider that a different level of humor. They either didn't find it as funny as you did, or they took you seriously & though "what? she wants to go to a strip club?"

I have a bizarre sense of humor. I am always laughing at things people shouldn't laugh at, or i make jokes that only I find funny. I guess i am just used to it, but i am glad that i was given the gift of silliness. The way i see it, is that it sucks for them to have such a crappy sense of humor. C'mon people....laugh....life is funny!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• HAHAHAHA

Yeah Im the same way. Plus I just blurt stuff out without thinking. "Hey lets go to the porn shop!" lol People need to be more open and funny
    Augusta

Comment by Augusta (original poster) at 7:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Generally, quick witty sarcastic comments are misunderstood. Happens to me alot. I hear myself saying "just kidding" on a pretty regular basis.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i am way more laid back and liberal with jokes and people watching.some chicks would get offended but being raised and worked in ny i have seen a lot on all walks of life, you have to smile and enjoy life........
    geminilove7192

Answer by geminilove7192 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I get that a lot too. I am often saying, "Just kidding!" or "It was a JOKE!". lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• yes thats commun sometimes
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i either lack a sense of humor, or i have too much of it-- depends on certain times/events though. weird
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• It all depends who Im around. I can be closed minded and stuck up with ome people... but others I could be the most laid back person ever.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 11:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• haha! their loss
    yep ill say .."and this is the part where you laugh'..and then they do lol
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yeah, I get that look a lot. Dry humor - not everyone gets it. S'ok.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 9:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011