If you were to end up in the hospital for a month or more?

who would care for your children if your SO/DH wasn't there?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Health

• My kids are 12 and 16 so I think they would do fairly well without me. For their sakes I hope my MIL would not take it upon herself to come. I would hope my mom would be able to. With her I would not worry, with my MIL my kids would have to babysit her. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I was in the hospital for two weeks after a car accident when my daughter was eight months old. Because I'm a single mother, my mother and step-father took care of Alice. She had a real hard time with my mother trying to bottle feed her, because she had been breast fed, so they ended up bringing her to the hospital during the day so I could nurse her. Also, after a couple of days in the hospital, my boobs were killing me.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 6:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My kids are 17 and 15 but I suppose the hubby(soon to be ex)would help out.
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My inlaws, I suppose, with the help of my BIL and his wife. They would have a hard time, since I have 4 children and three will be in school this year, but they could handle it, I'm sure.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My parents would come out to take care of them (well, my mom would come--they both work so they couldn't both take off of work). We live overseas right now, and my mom actually carries her passport in her purse in case there is ever an emergency and I need her here.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2011