Does your child have a favorite?

stuffed animal, blanket or toy that they carry with them all the time?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep!! My oldest had a stuffed Piglet (winnie pooh's friend piglet) that he carried around and HAD to have with him at all times. That phase lasted for a good 6 months then all of a sudden he was done with it. My 2nd had both a blanket and a stuffed cat named Totes. He is now almost 13 and still has them (although does not need or use them- they are just keepsakes). My 5 yr old is still very attached to his blanket... we call it "Binky" or rather "stinky-binky" - cause it goes everywhere and right now it really needs a 'bath' in the wash machine cause it is so grubby. Hopefully he will outgrow the need for binky soon.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• When my daughter was little, she had a favorite blanket that she wouldn't sleep without. She doesn't really have a specific stuffed animal she prefers. She used to pile all of them in her bed at night but I finally made her pick two. She only started sleeping with stuffed animals after my cat Loki, who had slept in her bed since she started sleeping in a toddler bed. After he died, she had trouble sleeping until I suggested that she sleep with the stuffed animals.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 6:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My son had a Mickey Mouse that went EVERYWHERE with us until he was about 8 years old.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Our younger daughter had Mr. Hippo that was her buddy (he was a 1st Valentine's Day present from her big sister) and our older daughter had Bunny, a handmade rabbit from her grandma.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My son has a Go Diego Go pillow that is about 2.5 feet tall and is shaped like Diego. My ODD has a blanket that rolls up into a stuffed bunny (the arms, head, and tail are on the corners). YDD has a baby doll that she can't sleep without and carries around, too.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• A monkey from build-a-bear. When she was teething, she used to gnaw on the eyes, so we've had to go back and get a new monkey. We are on our third monkey now and luckily she doesn't chew on it anymore because build-a-bear has changed the style of monkey they sell. Now we are just hoping she never loses it!
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2011