How long do you think it takes for you to change a diaper?

I just timed myself changing my son and from the time I unzipped his pjs to the time I zipped them back is 1 minute 21.3 seconds. If there are any other mothers at home with this kind of time, you should try just to see.

k.alexander

Asked by k.alexander at 1:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• 8 seconds with one arm tied behind my back lol...I have been at this since 1986
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have never timed a diaper change. I guess it would have to depend whether or not my son decides that diaper changing time is also pee time.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 1:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• ive never timed myself and im not due til feb so we will find out! but i worked in a daycare changing diapers all day, so i had to be quick!
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I'm pretty fast, but I've never timed it. It depends on if DS wants to help though. Sometimes he kicks his legs and grabs his feet and I can't work around him. Sometime, he just want to get it over with! It also depends if his eczema is acting up because I have to put on his lotion.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I haven't timed myself, but I can think of several variables that would change the outcome... what they're dressed in, how squirmy my 12 mo old wants to be, what is actually in the diaper, how long it takes me to bribe my husband into doing it instead... =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh I'm good, I sit on the floor and pin down the arms with my feet, change, wipe, diaper and zip...lol. I bet I could get it done in under a minute on a good day...lol. Just let me have this baby and I'll get back to you! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Ok, you ladies have introduced some variables that I hadn't thought about. We're talking all pee diaper and a one zip onesie. It may be faster with a two piece.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 2:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Depends on the day and if it's 1 or 2 ! She is 2 so I have a hard time some days since she doens't want to sit still while I change her. I wish she was ready to potty train but she isn't.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• O my, i take something like 10 mintues lol, trying to manage my other children aswell and i am never organised.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Hm...I've never thought to time myself.

I'm pretty fast though. Often times my daughter gets pissed when I lay her down (She would rather just keep playing, lol) so I go fast regardless so she'll stop yelling.

madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 5:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2008