Share your rude house guest stories

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 7:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• oh which one?!?! Well we just had a grandparent who didn't bother to play with their grandkids, demanded meals at her meal time, made a mess everywhere, and expected me to do her laundry etc 2 days after delivery of my little one. I thought that was rude.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 7:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well, my 20 y/o son acts like he's a guest here! He leaves messes all over - esp. in the kitchen. His room is disgusting. He basically treats this house like his personal hotel, & we are the maid service!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My sister who had something to say about my cleaning to my cooking to the raising of my children and slept with the TV on all night - used my phone for long distance chats with a friend (albeit it was free - but still) and smoked like a chimney - outside, of course. Which really, in hindsight was good - she wasn't in the house complaining.
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 7:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• A house guest? One who is not a family member used to bring garbage, literally. I guess she would clean her car before entering my home, so she would come with a plastic bag full of garbage and asked DH to throw it away. Talking about rude guests!!!!!
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I had a friend moving back to town after living out of state and meeting someone there. They stayed with us for the couple weeks it took for them to get the apartment. I basically took a bed out of storage and put it up in my girls' toy room, and moved some of the toys my girls played with regularly into their bedroom so the couple could have their own space. Anyway,when I went to drag the bed back out so I could restore the toy room after they left, I found a used condom and bag of pot under the bed. That is my kids' toy room!!! Not to mention I didn't want illegal crap in my house! No respect at all. I suspect it was the boyfriend's, but either way, I haven't talked to them since.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• my mil would come to stay with us & expect my dh and myself to wait on her hand and foot, she had a foot with a sore like nasty place on it so she would call my dh her nursie (gag) and tell him to take care of it, (course he didn't) but she would exoect hubby to bring her food when and how she wanted it and if not she pouted, stay on our phone day and night and get mad and act like it was her phone when we needed it, and oh the best one here lately called me a whore and tried to start a fight between dh and I cause (her plan ) was to piss me off and make me leave so dh would come back home to live with her and fil and be their personal keeper.. they are cut off and that feels wonderful they really were negative,drama filled people.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think some of the rudiest house guests are Significant Others : These people are NOT blood relations, not related to the family by marriage, yet they act like they are. My daughter's man is obnoxious!...

He says he can do anything he wants because -" We pay rent ! " Truth :My daughter pays half of the household expenses of my duplex house; he pays nothing because he has only temporary employment & he always has to make back payments on his car & back child support for his children.He only buys his cigarettes and beers.So,---my daughter supports him &her 3 kids, who he bosses around like he's their dad ! This guy is disrespectful to me, never asks me if he can do things on my property, like plant things or have garage sales. He uses my antique glasses to drink his beer,--- without asking, gets them out of my apartment, smokes upstairs when I told him he couldn't the day he moved in ! His days in my house ARE NUMBERED !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• After I kick out " said House Guest " ( talked about above ) ^^^ I told my son, I will tell my daughter---- NO MORE SIGNIFICANT OTHERS LIVING IN MY HOUSE---EVER !!!! They don't have a place to live ???... Awwww... !!!! ... Too bad ! That's what social services are for : Let them go there ! I'm not taking in any more stray people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All these people do is bring stress into my home !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• If they're not fun to have in the house they're freeloaders ! And, that's detestable !
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 11:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My husband brought home a guy that had gotten kicked off base for domestic abuse (he was already out of the Navy, but his wife was still in). He proceeded to talk shit about me and act like I was such a bitch all the time, I guess because that's how his wife acted. He was so rude to me all the time, even though I had opened my home to him with barley a moments notice, and talked about how inconvenient it was for us to live so far away from his job (45 minuets). He was at our house for a month and half and once his wife came to see him. But she just stood outside never once came in to meet me or say thank you for putting up with her loser husband.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 2:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011